Autistic Wedding Planning

Image is of an engagement ring with a blue stone. I have doodled around it and wrote the word plan underneath it.

Hi everyone! So there aren't very many resources for planning a wedding if you are autistic. Like none. Google gives you pretty much nothing. And since I'm actively involved in this, it's something I'm thinking about. And it was really becoming rather frustrating and leading to general panicky life issues. So I wrote a question/submission thing to a wedding planning website/other life things that I'm a big fan of just in general (like really, though, I like A Practical Wedding and actually was reading it for discussions of life stuff occasionally before I even started thinking about weddings... like years ago). And they also decided to print/answer it. (And also had helpful, specific answers to things I was individually concerned of.

So that's pretty awesome. Anyway, if you want to read it...

HERE'S THE LINK

Also, they were super cool in the editing process about changing things they wrote about "a person with autism" to "an autistic person" and also about changing the link for more general autism information from Autism Speaks to ASAN when I brought that up. So added points for that.

Labels: , , , , , , ,